Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So tons of new things. I am at CAMP!!! I heart camp! This place makes me happier than I have ever been and it is a place like this that everyone needs in their lives. I arrived yesterday at 11pm, after a long drive...more about that in a minute, and when i got here some people ran to greet me and everyone was super excited that i was here. I did not realize how much these crazy fools love me.....the feelings are mutual. Even BW....my old arch nemesis...was really nice. So I will be in the pool this session and am living in the Kelley house, not a cabin. This is where I like to be the most, we get to know all the kids at camp and get to spoil them without having to dicipline them. It is great. So everyone is gone right now....the kids went home today and new ones arrive on Friday. I am going to Niagra Falls tomarrow with friends and will be having a sleep over at a friends house. It is all like being 10years old....which was a while ago and very fun!
So the drive was better than i anticipated. I left omaha at 6:30am and drove 16 hours to get here. I actually enjoyed the drive and saw many states. I discovered somethings about myself. I am totally annoyed by fools who do not use their cruise control and pass you and then you pass them.....AAAHHHHHH!!!! SHaking my fist!!! Then I noticied that i must eat sunflowers one at a time or your mouth gets really really sore in those 16hours. I think i like cleveland, oh and will try to spend a day there on the way back to NE....

About that.....no real ideas yet but this kinda goes back to the fate thing. So the whole fate thing is that when I decided that i was coming to camp, I called and totally caught the camp director in her office on a sat during her only 10minutes that she was there that day....then I randomly stopped to talk to someone about a lifeguarding class and this guy was there and got that scheduled.....and he is not usually working on saturadys. .....ps...the guy who i went out with....

.and just meeting some nice people and it has really made me realize that I am GREAT! and totally dodged a HUGE bullet this fall. I had some touble seeing that but am now breathing a big sigh of relief.

So after camp i was going to do some travel nursing....but am not so sure. this hospital in denver that i really really like suddenly has some openings (fate?) that have not been there for months. ANy of the 3 jobs i could get there would allow me to also do all the the skills i have(post partum, Labor and delivery and Level III NICU) and i would be furthering my education adn knowledge. I like the idea of that. Traveling would be great, but i do have friends in denver and feel good there and am not sure that uprooting myself yet again is the best thing? Who knows right now. I also would be close to home and have realized how amazing my crazy family is! And i would have a roomie with my friend Samantha! Shout out to sam and Jamie for their amazing ability to make me laugh and to be amazing all the time. ANyway,,.....i am going to head outside and watch the great sunset on lake erie! my heart is Very very happy!
talk to ya later!

No comments: